PUBLIC SERVICES is responsible for many of the day to day functions that keep the City of Georgetown running smoothly and our customers, the citizens of Georgetown, happy. Public Services is divided into five divisions, Engineering, Fleet Services, Public Works, Water Operations, and Water Treatment.
- The ENGINEERING division is responsible for maintaining the City’s Standard Specifications, reviewing plans for new developments, maintaining the maps of the City’s infrastructure, and managing the City’s Capital Improvement Projects.
- The FLEET SERVICES division maintains the City’s vehicles and fueling station.
- The PUBLIC WORKS division is responsible for the maintenance of the city parks and grounds, construction of city streets and sidewalks, and collection of solid waste.
- The WATER OPERATIONS division cleans, repairs and extends the network of pipes, ditches, and pumps that make up the water distribution, wastewater collection, and stormwater collection systems.
- The WATER TREATMENT division ensures the production of safe drinking water, the necessary cleaning of wastewater, and compliance with all state and federal water quality standards.
The services we provide to our customers are critical to their quality of life and we believe that no problem is too big or too small for us to solve. While there are many divisions we operate as ONE TEAM serving Georgetown with the highest level of service at the lowest possible cost. Our focus is to make Georgetown a safe place to live, work and play in.
|Public Works Division||Public Services Department||Water Utilities Division|
|125 N Kaminski St||PO Box 939||2377 Anthuan Maybank Dr|
|Georgetown, SC 29440||Georgetown, SC 29442||Georgetown, SC 29440|